How to reduce Double Chin
Double chin is the excess of skin in the submental area (fascial space of the head and neck). Usually observed among aged and obese people.
Double chin could be either due to
There is a misconception that genetically caused double chin cannot be cured. With right kind of diet and lifestyle, it can be cured.
Various tricks like wearing high neck tops, wrapping neck with a scarf, tilting head at an angle can work temporarily to hide a double chin. So, how to get rid of double Chin permanently.
There are few solutions that we can use to get rid of double chin.
How to lose double chin
There are certain techniques to get rid of double chin.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Cosmetic surgery like chin liposuction, lipolysis by laser, face lifting, etc. can help to remove the double chin. Submandibular lipectomy surgery can be effective in the case where submental fat is in excess. The double chin surgery cost can be approximate $4000-$5000.
- Corset Platysma: Corset Platysma treatment is useful for sagging and wrinkled skin under the neck. It helps to stretch and tone the muscles of the neck, jaw and chin. In this surgery, an incision is made in the neck to bring the two midline bands of platysma muscle together.
- Pharmacologic treatment:Use of Phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate (PC-DC) injections are a popular nonsurgical method to eliminate unwanted fat. However, it is not approved by FDA yet. There are also cosmetic creams available in the pharmacy store to get rid of the double chin. However, their effectiveness is still doubtful.
- Submental Liposuction: Some research suggested that suction- assisted lipectomy can sufficiently contract and smooth the skin envelope. Submental liposuction technique is more popular for reducing double chin.
control the double chin condition. Your diet should consist of plenty of fiber, fruits, and green vegetables.
- Laser Therapy:Subdermal Laser lipolysis is effective in dissolving fat around the neck and lower jaw region. There is no side-effect if supervised and taken in a controlled manner.
Exercise to reduce double chin
To reduce the double chin, you can do following double chin exercises. This double chin workout will keep your skin tight around neck region and chin region.
- Neck Roll: This exercise helps to relax your neck tensed muscles. In this exercise, you will have to move your chin towards your shoulder side by side. For better results, repeat same exercise 5 to 10 times.
- Jaw Release: This exercise works best for double chin. In this exercise, you have to inhale air through the nose and exhale out with a humming sound with your lips. While you inhale and exhale air, move your jaw as you were chewing.
- Platysma exercise: This exercise keeps the muscles of your chin and throat firm. In this method, you have to turn your mouth downwards while pulling your lips against your teeth. Move your jaw up and down 5 to 10 times. You will feel like someone is stretching your neck skin towards upward
- Chin exercise: If you are looking to tighten the loose muscle around the chin this exercise works well. In this exercise, you have to lift your face towards the ceiling. Then stretch your chin like you are trying to kiss the ceiling. Remain in this position for about 5-10 second and then repeat same for 5-10 times.
- Sticking out your tongue: It is a good way to stretch out your neck and chin muscles. In this technique, you have to stick out your tongue outside as much as you can.
Home remedies to reduce double Chin
Here we have a list of home remedies for Double Chin. These home remedies will tell you how to lose face fat?
- Sugar-free gum: Chewing sugar-free gum for long can be a good Chin workout.
- Wheat germ oil: Massage the neck using the wheat germ oil. It nourishes the skin as well as tighten the skin under the chin area. The massage stroke should be from the bottom of the neck towards the chin for 10-15 min before going to bed
- Egg white mask: Apply the mask of egg white with honey, peppermint oil, and lemon juice. Allow the mask to dry for half an hour and then remove it. This helps in reducing the water retention in the area.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is necessary for your skin health. It increases the elasticity of the skin and reduces the double chin. Food rich in vitamin E are green leafy vegetables, dairy products, brown rice, etc.
- Cocoa butter Treatment: It is proven by various scientific research that Cocoa extract are good for skin. Cocoa butter if applied on the double chin, it can improve the elasticity of the skin..
- Glycerin and Epsom salt mask: Glycerin and Epsom salt mask can be helpful for double chin. Glycerin will maintain the moisture of the skin and Epsom salt reduces water retention. Apply this mask 3 to 5 times daily for better results
- Chin Wraps: To eliminate excess chin fat, you can also try chin wrap (mineral oil wrap). Leave skin wrap for approximately 45 minutes.
- Green Tea: It has an ability to burn the extra fat from the body. It will improve the metabolic rate and result in more calorie burning.
Useful Tips for Double Chin
- Avoid trans fats and refined carbohydrates
- Choose lean meat like turkey and chicken. Red meat should be avoided
- Lower the intake of potassium and sodium if double chin is due to water retention
- Add some fibrous food in your meal. It requires much chewing and helps getting rid of double chin
- For genetically disposed double chin, food choice should be made from a very early stage
- Do not choose low carbohydrate diet, if the double chin is due to water retention.
Guaranteed Double-Chin treatment
Most of the treatment over here are either time-consuming or need surgery. With a new research, it is possible to treat a double chin without surgery and get the result real fast. A double chin can have a permanent solution, by having a facial injection of ATX-101. This injection consists of deoxycholic acid that is the key component in our body to burn fat. It is approved by FDA and used in countries like USA, Canada, Switzerland and Australia.
However, the side-effect of this injection can be swelling, numbness, bruising, etc. The Severe implication may include nerve injury of Jaw and uneven smile.