Little Known Health Benefits of Celery Juice
Little Known Health Benefits of Celery Juice
Celery is used for adding flavor to the food recipes. It is rich in important elements like potassium, calcium, folic acid, essential amino acid phosphorous, etc. Celery leaves are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
Every part of Celery plant is useful. Like Celery leaves and sticks, Celery roots (Celeriac) are also nutritious. It contains vitamins like B1, B2, B6. They are also rich in fiber, magnesium, and potassium.
But beside that, this small tiny herb has some great health benefits. It has got the ability to cure some complicated health problems.
Let’s study some of them.
Health Benefits of Celery
- Fights Cancer
Celery contains at least eight types of compounds that have anti-carcinogenic properties. Some of these substances have the ability to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and stops them from spreading further. Studies have shown that wild Celery oil can prevent colon cancers.
- Cardiovascular Benefits
It can increase the secretion of bile acid. Bile acid helps the body to eliminate cholesterol. Research have claimed that Celery leaf extract can contribute to lower blood pressure.
- Anti-oxidant Benefits
Celery contains antioxidants. It helps to recover the cellular damage caused by free radicals. These antioxidants can protect blood cells, blood vessels, and vital internal organs from damaging.
- Relieves from inflammation
Celery helps to inhibit inflammation along the interior of blood vessel walls. It is a key factor in building up dangerous plaque. It is believed that celery has potential to cure dementia and Alzheimer’s. It helps to reduce inflammation inside the brain. Luteolin present in celery has powerful anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties.
- Stimulating Immune System
Celery juice has vitamin C. It is responsible for boosting immunity and body’s ability to heal quickly.
- Vitamin K
Very few food sources are rich in Vitamin K, and celery is one of them. Vitamin K is essential for the strengthening of bones. Along with Vitamin D and osteocalcin (protein), it helps for rebuilding bones. Vitamin K helps bones to absorb essential nutrients.
- Cure digestive disorders
Celery is high in fiber. Fiber can help to keep the bowels regular, and can relieve constipation. Studies have shown that it is also useful in the treatment of gastrointestinal irritation.
- Prevents Kidney Stone
Celery can also be helpful in preventing the calcification or stone formation inside kidneys. It can remove waste as well as toxic materials from the body.
- Acid-base balance
It has an ability to balance body pH level. Studies have shown that very few foods are as effective as celery in reducing acidity.
- Treat Arthritis and Inflammatory Disease
Celery Seed is good for treating joints and bone problems like rheumatism, gout, and arthritis. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it can help to reduce swelling and pain around the joints. The stick part of celery can help to eliminate the uric acid crystals. These crystals are responsible for discomfort and pain around the joint.
- Cures urination problem
Celery is full of water content, and it facilitates urine production. It contains two essential minerals, potassium, and sodium. This act as controllers of our body fluids. Celery benefits in controlling High blood pressure. Patient having High blood pressure can consume Celery.
- Prevents Skin Damage
Celery is a good source of Vitamins A, B, C, K, niacin and folate. These vitamins are necessary for repairing skin damage and maintaining the skin tone. It helps to nourish skin and produce collagen. It eliminates harmful toxins from the body.
- Hair Growth
Celery contains Vitamin A. It nourishes the hair root, and helps you grow healthy hair.
- Treatment for sleeping disorder
Celery contains magnesium which contributes to soothe our nerves. This makes it easier to can relax and enjoy a sound sleep. It is responsible for reducing hypertension and lowering stress hormones.
Some studies have suggested that Celery seeds can be effective in controlling diabetes. It can neutralize the toxicity and protect pancreas (Insulin is produced in the pancreas).
- Fighting Obesity
Celeriac or celery root juice can be helpful in fighting Obesity. It is believed that a teaspoon of raw honey with a cup of celery root juice before a meal can prevent a person from over-eating. Celery is also a good source of protein and carbohydrates. It helps the body to regenerate new cells.
Some Interesting Research on Celery
Celery’s health benefits have gained attention from many researchers. Some interesting facts related to Celery are
- Some recent work on celery showed that celery killed upto 86% of cancer cells in the lungs. Celery is powerful against cancer cells, due to an anticancer compound called ‘apigenin’.
- Vitamin C from Celery can lead to less thickening of the carotid artery. Thereby ensuring the maximum blood flow and preventing atherosclerosis.
- Some clinical research claims that taking celery seed, anise, and saffron together for 2-3 days may reduce the pain from menstrual cramps.
Celery Juicing Recipe:
Some people prefer Celery Juice. Celery Juice benefits are same as eating raw. Here are some Celery Juicing recipe.
- Celery+ carrots+ giner
- Celery + beet root + broccoli
- Celery + Cucumber+ red cabbage
- Celery+ Rainbow Chard+ Apple
- Celery+ Romaine Lettuce+ Apple
The amount of vegetables can be altered as per requirement. Physician advice is always recommend, before trying Juicing Celery or any other Juice.
There are few precautions that one must consider before using Celery. Especially for people who are on prescribed medications.
- If the person is on thyroid medication, it is preferred to consume less celery. The nutrients in celery may keep your thyroid medications from working effectively.
- People on sedative drugs should avoid consuming Celery. It can give more sedative effects. Take physician advice.
- People with low blood pressure should be careful eating celery. It can drop their blood pressure to an unsafe level.
- Celery is not advisable for people with bleeding disorders or kidney problems. It might worsen their symptoms.
- Celery contains a compound called Psoralens. This compound protects the plant from fungi, but some people are allergic to this compound.