Addiction of Coca-Cola and its effect
Addiction of Coca-Cola and its effect
Soft drinks contain acids and sugar, which have both Acidogenic and Carcinogenic properties. Overconsumption of fizzy drinks can have some serious health hazards. You have to be very cautious if you are addicted to such soft drinks. Coca-cola addiction is quite common.
What is in coke?
- Contains Caffeine:Coca-Cola contains caffeine. Health professionals have claimed that caffeine can be very addictive. Caffeine and sugar can increase the risk of blood pressure or cardio-vascular disease. An ingestion over a brief time of 3 to 10 gm of caffeine might be lethal.
- Cola affecting weight loss: Often people exercising hard to weight loss prefer cola, to recover from dehydration. Studies have shown that consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages are the key contributor for obesity and overweight. It also destroys the enzymes which burn fat, decreasing your metabolism. It’s always better to avoid cola when you are on weight loss. Not even diet coke is recommended.
- Teeth and Bone damage: People who consume more cola have yellow teeth. The acid present in cola damages the tooth enamel resulting in tooth decay and pigmentation. The acid in cola can affect your bones as well. It can demineralize calcium from your bones, and can decrease the bone mineral density.
- Insomnia and sleep disorders: Cola contains caffeine. Excess consumption of cola drinks can block many natural hormones that are responsible for sound sleep. After a certain period of time, this may lead to insomnia.
- Kidney Failures: Artificial sweeteners used in Coca-Cola are blamed for causing severe kidney damage. This can hamper the normal functioning of the kidney. The phosphoric acid present in cola beverages has been associated with promoting kidney stones.
- Type 2 diabetes: Higher consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages is associated with the development of type 2 diabetes.
- Delay Drug Elimination: Elimination of drug residual is important for the healthy body. Studies have shown that patient on cancer drug should avoid drinking cola or other carbonated beverages. It can delay in elimination of drug residual from the body.
- Liver damage: There is no clear indication, yet research have shown that excess of soft drink can cause liver damage. It can cause fatty infiltration of the liver in a healthy individual.
- Neurochemical Imbalance: Artificial sweetener Aspartame in Diet Coke can result in a neurochemical imbalance. This may result in a mood swing, performance, and other behavioral side effects.
How to quit drinking Coca Cola
There is no special trick that can stop you from drinking Coke unless you are desperate about it. But these tips can definitely help you to break your Coca Cola addiction.
- Replace with a nutritious drink: One alternative is to replace your cola with healthier drinks. Try some fresh juice instead of cola. This will not only replenish your energy but provides some vital vitamins as well.
- Keep yourself hydrated with water: After going to gym or workout, people usually don’t re-hydrate themselves with water. Instead, they choose cola. This increases the urge of fizzy drinks. Break the cycle by drinking more water rather than cola.
- Save money by tracking your spending: Keep track of how much money you spend on beverages weekly or monthly. This will stop you from buying unnecessary drinks.
- Cut-down with small size coke can: If you are heavily addicted to Coke, it is possible you can’t quit immediately. The best way to get rid of this is to cut down the quantity of Coke slowly and gradually.
- Distribute carbohydrate over the day: Distribute your carbohydrates by eating 5 to 6 small meals over a day. This will keep your sugar level up throughout the day and keep you away from a sugary soda.
Is Diet Coke Addictive
Often people replace cola with diet coke thinking it’s a healthy way to withdraw from cola addiction. But the fact is diet coke is equally addictive. May be diet coke addiction is more serious than normal coke. Diet coke is deprived of sugar but is not deprived of the artificial sweetener.
Here are some reasons why diet coke could be more addictive.
- Contains artificial sweetener Aspartame.
- Aspartame does not provide any calorie. The body misses out on energy requirement and thus crave for more
- Aspartame has the similar effects as alcohol, but less severe. Caffeine present in diet Cola together with Aspartame can make you more addicted.
As an added reason to quit drinking coke or pepsi (reg or diet), they both contribute to stress incontinence. If you drink a lot or are addicted, this may be the reason your bladder leaks when you laugh, cough, run, or do anything else that causes you lose urine unexpectedly. Check with your urologist and/or gynecologist. You may even be able to avoid surgery to prevent stress incontinence by just eliminating drinking these beverages.
Kys cola is life gtfo
I see why coke is bad for you, but really, I think this article is exaggerating. It causes yellow teeth? Brush your teeth man.Sugary beverages cause diabetes? Just about every drink other than water can be considered ‘sugar sweetened’, even the so called healthy beverages such as juice, so I don’t think there’s much you can do about that even if you swore off coke forever.
I’m not saying the facts are wrong, I’m sure they’ve been scientifically proven. But I think the issues involved with coke are actually a lot less… well, less than this article makes them out to be. Other than that, though, great informative article! Thanks for writing it.